Lake Clark NP

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

Lake Clark NP

Post by Max »

Prior to my September Yellowstone trip, I made a short excursion to Alaska to check out Lake Clark National Park for the first time. This is a very popular spot with photographers interested in bears, so I was overdue in scouting it as a future tour stop. It wasn't the best weather, and the salmon run had ended early... but there were still plenty of bear photos to be taken in three days. Got a brief wolf sighting and had a fox on the lodge grounds as well. Overall, a fun little trip and I will be leading a tour back there in a couple years.

I've posted a new gallery of 94 images on my website. A short preview is below:

View the full Alaska 2018 gallery.

Max

JennyA

Re: Lake Clark NP

Post by JennyA »

Great photos! Must have been an amazing trip.

You may be familiar with Richard "Dick" Proenneke, who built a cabin on upper Twin Lake back in the '60's. There is a great book (One Man's Wilderness) that excerpts some of his journal entries - fascinating reading, especially if you've been there. I guess there is a DVD also.

Max

Post by Max »

Thanks Jenny. The documentary pops up on PBS every once in a while, and it's hard not to pause and watch it every time.

Max

lah

Post by lah »

Oh, Max, these are all wonderful shots. As always, so full of personality!

DPS

Post by DPS »

Great shots Max!

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

Max, Thanks for posting the pictures. Great shots. This is now on my wish list of places to visit.

Bill

Max

Post by Max »

Thanks guys. I have set dates and prices for a September 2020 trip if anyone's interested.

Max