Got Some Pix for You

There is only one Wonderland, but let's also talk about and share photos of other national parks.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

yellvet

Got Some Pix for You

Post by yellvet »

Greetings to all. It's been a while since I've posted any pix, but I thought that some of you might enjoy seeing some wildfire sunset pix from last August's Bacon Rind Fire near West Yellowstone and some recent pix that I took this past week, right after we got home from SoCal. Seems like our area had the worst winter on record and it's still snowing....argh. But all my favorite wildlife buddies are back and have been welcoming me home: George and Greta , the mated goose couple and Max and Margie my favorite sandhill crane couple. So despite all the gloomy weather, the local critters have given me hope that spring is just around the corner. Enjoy the pix!
Image[/url]P1060115E by Paula L. Jensen, on Flickr[/img]
Last edited by yellvet on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yellvet

Re: Got Some Pix for You

Post by yellvet »

My pix are on Flickr but, for some reason, I can't get them to post here. Is there a problem posting pix from Flickr to the Y-Net Forums or do I need a remedial course? I thought I was following the instructions correctly. But I must be doing something wrong. Has something changed? Am I using the wrong icon arrow on Flickr to pick up the link to the image? I've been using the "photo share icon" and NOT the "download photo" icon. This has worked in the past but now I can't get it to work. I also can't find the BBCode for the picture on Flickr anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

Steve

Post by Steve »

You're missing the front tag [ img ]
on Flickr, R click the image to get the image location

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Many thanks, Steve. I'll give that a whirl.

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Last edited by yellvet on Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

It still isn't working, Steve. When I R-clicked the image I selected the option "copy the image location" from the drop -down menu...then I copied the image location, then inserted the image location between the two "img" tags in my Y-Net post. Think I'll give it a rest for a few days and then will see what happens. Hope everyone has a nice Easter!

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Steve

Post by Steve »

your url from Flickr should look like this
://live.staticflickr.com/1968/45141170622_dc8cc166cd_c.jpg
Note> I removed the https , which you should NOT do.
You could have your privacy settings at Flickr too strong. ?? maybe, since the takeover??
You should click on All Sizes first, not the url from the image when you first click on it. Click the image, select a size through all sizes and use the url from that( R click on the image)

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

It still isn't working, Steve. Perhaps I need to allow the downloading of images on my Flickr account. I went back to a Flickr pro account recently and it looks like the downloading of images is prohibited... even for the image owner. That might be the reason why I can't get the BBcode. I'll check it out.

Steve

Post by Steve »

It's not the Pro account. It may be your security settings though. I can't do this with yours, but I can with Larry's and he has a pro account too.