Bathrooms Open in April

Want to know more in-depth about the Park? This is the forum for you.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

L_Photo

Bathrooms Open in April

Post by L_Photo » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:15 am

Hello! I'll be there Thursday for 5 days (and back in May). I've been to Yellowstone 8 or 10 times, so I'm familiar w/ the bathroom stops on the northern road and the roads opening on the 19th, but what I don't know is which of those will be open April 18-22. IIRC, from being there in early May, sometimes they're not all open because staffing and/or frozen pits. I figured someone here may be able to help me! Do you know which of the toilets will be open on the northern road Mammoth/Cooke City and the road between Mammoth/Norris and Norris/Madison?
Feel free to say which are open or which are closed, whichever is easier! I'm familiar w/ the park, so you can give me the common names like hitching post, etc.

thanks!!

billandkaren

Re: Bathrooms Open in April

Post by billandkaren » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:47 pm

I believe the bathrooms at Roosevelt, Slough Creek, and Pebble Creek are open. And, of course, the bathrooms at Mammoth are open as well. I'm sure there are others, but I can't personally verify. But that should give you a pretty good shot at being comfortable as you traverse the Northern Section ;)

Bill