Snowmobile Trip

Want to know more in-depth about the Park? This is the forum for you.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Tufferbell

Snowmobile Trip

Post by Tufferbell »

We are trying to plan a trip in January/February 2019. Can anyone give us some tips/tricks and their preferred outfitter to use?
We are currently thinking one day for the Canyon trip, another day for OFI trip. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

rzrpirate

Re: Snowmobile Trip

Post by rzrpirate »

We usually use Yellowstone Tour and Travel. Going in the park is good for seeing those sites but you ride a long way to see them. If you have time you should definitely spend some time in the national forest. That's all we do now and the trails are well marked plus you can get a guide in the NF if you want to. Go to West Yellowstone. It turns into a snowmobile town in the winter. I'm dying to go myself!

rzrpirate

Re: Snowmobile Trip

Post by rzrpirate »

Not sure how far you are traveling but I would snowmobile as many days as possible as your flight is a big part of your cost. We usually sled four days with one in the middle to just shop, rest and look around. If you go to West you ride right out of town, with no shuttling. That's a big plus on riding time. See the IMAX and Grizzley/ Wolf exibit while you are there.