Spring trip booked

Want to know more in-depth about the Park? This is the forum for you.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Nordwil

Re: Spring trip booked

Post by Nordwil »

Finally pulled the trigger over the weekend! Flights to Bozeman from Providence or Boston were rising instead of falling, so we booked a direct Boston to SLC flight for half the cost of flying in and out of Bozeman. We had to cancel our last 2 nights North of Gardiner and booked the last 2 for Jackson instead.

It will be fun to see the Tetons again, maybe I'll finally get lucky and see a Great Gray.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Nordwil wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:25 am
Finally pulled the trigger over the weekend! Flights to Bozeman from Providence or Boston were rising instead of falling, so we booked a direct Boston to SLC flight for half the cost of flying in and out of Bozeman. We had to cancel our last 2 nights North of Gardiner and booked the last 2 for Jackson instead.

It will be fun to see the Tetons again, maybe I'll finally get lucky and see a Great Gray.
When will you be there?

Nordwil

Post by Nordwil »

Flying into SLC on May 31 and back out again on June 8. The Thursday departure was initially less expensive than a Friday or Saturday, and we wanted to be back on the Friday to see the Grandaughter over the weekend. (Priorities!)

We don't enjoy the long drive to West Yellowstone on the first day, but we get in at 10 AM, so maybe we can mix it up a bit this time and go through the Tetons and the park on the way in.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Ah, too bad. I'll be gone long before you get there.

Nordwil

Post by Nordwil »

I'll be watching for your posts of all the hot spots!

RProuty

Post by RProuty »

karen and I will be there the 11th thru 22nd of May staying at the Yellowstone River Motel in Gardiner.

www.pbase.com/rprouty/land

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

RProuty wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:18 am
karen and I will be there the 11th thru 22nd of May staying at the Yellowstone River Motel in Gardiner.

www.pbase.com/rprouty/land
Awesome! I hope to see you guys there!

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Rod, it's so good to see your smiling face again. Depending on the weather here and in the Park, hopefully, I'll get to see you and Rik at the same time. Wow....a Yellowstone Rendezvous of Park photographers...can't wait!!! :)

Update: Had to cancel my May Park trip. We've got an active flood warning in our county until further notice. :(
Last edited by yellvet on Mon May 28, 2018 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

I leave Monday. Already packed. :D

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy »

My sister and I will be in Yellowstone/Grand Teton for a few days next week, then have our "long" trip planned for May 30-June 7, so hope to see some of you there (and for sure will keep track of this site to see what's being seen where -- and will post any success we have, too! Can't wait!