Spring trip booked

Want to know more in-depth about the Park? This is the forum for you.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

RikWriter

Spring trip booked

Post by RikWriter »

I just booked the flight and car rental for my May trip to Yellowstone/Grand Teton. Flying into Jackson this time and spending the second and third weeks of May in the parks.

Absarokanaut

Re: Spring trip booked

Post by Absarokanaut »

That's awesome Rik. If I can finish a correspondence here I'm gonna head out to the Gros Ventre Road in an hour or so. NOAA Seasonl Outlook Map indicating good possibility of a drier and warmer Spring. Check out the May June July Map

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/p ... php?lead=5

Alicia

Post by Alicia »

We'll be un YNP earlier than usual this year so maybe we'll bump into each other. Red 4-door Chevy with Texas plates. Say "hi!"

Loonphotog

Post by Loonphotog »

I'll be out there May 8-22. I'll try to find my YNET magnet!

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Just an aside, but I decided to treat myself and make the return flight First Class, which will be the first time I've ever flown First Class. :D

Dan

Post by Dan »

We'll be there in late May (21-26)

Nordwil

Post by Nordwil »

We're tentatively looking at May 31 for 8 nights. We were in and out before Memorial Day last year and I missed the access between Canyon and Tower. That, and the added stress of the potential govt shutdown, the water main road closure in Canyon and last minute road closures due to snow made for a bit of a stressful pre-trip lol. It all worked out in the end, although we didn't see quite as much wildlife in Hayden and south early in the trip.
I'm hoping the air and car rental rates drop a bit as it gets closer. No first class for us Rik, enjoy it! We do splurge the last couple of days either in Jackson or in Pray, MT, depending on the airport we're flying in and out of. Likely Bozeman again, so Chico Hot Springs here we come!

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Nordwil wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:31 am
We're tentatively looking at May 31 for 8 nights. We were in and out before Memorial Day last year and I missed the access between Canyon and Tower. That, and the added stress of the potential govt shutdown, the water main road closure in Canyon and last minute road closures due to snow made for a bit of a stressful pre-trip lol.
Yeah, there were a lot of complications last May. I'm hoping to avoid that sort of thing this year, knock on wood.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

Is the K-Mart in Jackson still open?

Connie

Post by Connie »

Will be there May 19-31. Hope to see you again!