Spring is Here

Want to know more in-depth about the Park? This is the forum for you.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Mike

Spring is Here

Post by Mike »

Spring is here and so are the grizzly bears,yesterday was the first sighting of a bear,somewhere between Lake and Canyon and some sign over at Norris.This gets my blood flowing just knowing that a trip in the park is very close for myself.

Can anybody tell me how the winter was this year in the park,I am hoping that there is a little less snow than last spring,as many areas were still covered well with snow,Lamar was a giant swampy lake last April keeping most bison and elk high up on the hills.

sgphoto

Re: Spring is Here

Post by sgphoto »

Precip and snow water equivalents are running 110-130% above "normal". February set records throughout neighboring Montana and Wyoming for most snowfall in history.

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

Mike, Karen and I were just there last Tuesday for a quick drive in and out (see our trip report) Sorry to say, I think there is more snow this year than last. At least a foot in Mammoth and close to two feet in Lamar. The good news is there has been some warmer, sunny days recently so that should start the melting process.

Not sure abouth the rest of the park.

--Bill

Mike

Post by Mike »

Thanks for the updates to the snow cover,I have informed members of my party to expect "moist" conditions and bring proper boots for slogging