Where is everyone?

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

RikWriter

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by RikWriter »

lah wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:18 am
I'm here and take a look at the posts every day, or even more often.
I only had a short and nearly fruitless trip to the park in October, so I don't have that much to post lately, but I try to read everything.
Perhaps I will post my May trip pictures -- nothing great but some were okay.
Anyway, I sure hope this forum keeps going and picks up speed. I'm on Facebook and see a lot of peoples' posts there, but I like this forum very much, too.
My trip in October was 8 days but just as fruitless. I should have gone in September.

dbl4de3

Post by dbl4de3 »

I love this site. I check almost everyday for any new posts or pics. Thanks to everyone.

lah

Post by lah »

Rik, yeah, that cinnamon bear and cub that we could almost see . . .
I did get to watch a deer-and-coyote dustup that was pretty entertaining, but I didn't get very sharp pictures. They're in the "Trip Reports" under Oct. 6.
But mostly I didn't see much over 4 days.

Winona

Post by Winona »

I hope this forum continues! I extensively used the site over the past 24 months to plan my Yellowstone trip which we completed in June. Unfortunately, the site crashed at the time of my trip. I was hoping for information on wolf sitings, etc.

I am a very amateur photographer and a long way to go to share photos!

This forum really helped plan my trip and my family fell in love with Yellowstone. This forum was also a distraction. Lol. I kept looking at all the information and photos instead of focusing on my trip info. Especially Max's photos.
Thanks

Steve Egbert

Post by Steve Egbert »

I'm here in Oregon, wishing I was somewhere besides working through yet another holiday season. It's our craziest time of year so I am longing for spring and early summer in the high country.

GoHike

Post by GoHike »

Just got back here ... after things disappeared a while back it seemed like the reason to share here, and to use this as a resource disappeared too.

Maybe my motivation will come back around, but I highly doubt I'll back post all of the content that I had shared here before.

I have more than a decade of Yellowstone photos on my website https://daveshumway.photoshelter.com/ga ... kiunPz_0A/ and my 2005-2016 trips broken out by trip date here: http://www.shumwayphotography.com/Yellowstone.

Always loved this community, but site crashes and Facebook have done a good job of killing what once was.

Dorothy

Post by Dorothy »

Well, I do hope this site survives and thrives again. The crash was disappointing, but like others, I'm not on Facebook (by choice) and I loved the camaraderie and wonderful information about where and when to look for wildlife and wildlife encounters (and hikes) that were posted. I planned to post about my trip in September, but a problem with my desktop (I have no place to download photos right now) and a series of big changes/upsets in my life when I got back from that trip left me not doing what I intended. But I DO still check the site often and would love to see more photos and have more reports to read. If things work out and we head back to Yellowstone/Grand Teton this spring, as we long to do, I will post a report, even if I can't add photos! So please, all of you out there who take such great (or even not-so-great) photos and have adventures in the park, come back and post! I appreciate those who have still been here and thank them for sharing.

DawnTheRoadAgain

Post by DawnTheRoadAgain »

I'm back!
I used to be PrairieDee on the YNet Forums, but I've updated my username to match my flickr account (DawnTheRoadAgain)

Alicia

Post by Alicia »

The crash and lack of time are the two top reasons I don't post here anymore. But I do love seeing what others share and learning what's going on with the park.

Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Yep, seem to be a common theme, there's a bunch of us here that don't like Facebook, myself obviously included. Many thanks to the people who got this site up and running again after the attack, but I fear it took so long we lost a lot of people.

I'm here, doesn't that count??? :D