2018 Government Shutdown #2 in Grand Teton National Park

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Mike Jackson

2018 Government Shutdown #2 in Grand Teton National Park

Post by Mike Jackson »

If you are planning on coming to Jackson Hole and Grand Teton National Park during the February Government Shutdown, you might find this page helpful:

https://www.bestofthetetons.com/2018/01 ... down-2018/

I created the page for the January Shutdown, but I expect this one to be basically the same. The page includes information supplied by GTNP and the National Elk Refuge.

Cheers!
Mike Jackson
Jackson Hole, WY

Mike Jackson

Re: 2018 Government Shutdown #2 in Grand Teton National Park

Post by Mike Jackson »

I made that post last night after the Government shut down. It stayed shut down for 9 hours until the President signed the bill. If I understand it correctly, we shouldn't have to worry about this issue again for a few years.

Either way, people here are welcome to read over my GTNP - JH Daily Journals! I try to keep people informed and post tons of photos.

www.bestofthetetons.com

Alicia

Re: 2018 Government Shutdown #2 in Grand Teton National Park

Post by Alicia »

Hey, Mike,

Thanks for sharing this information. I read tin about alternatives to the park and well, I guess I do need a map for this one: Flat Creek. I know where the visitor center is, but I can't envision the platform for the one you say is just north of the center. Is it closer to the museum on the opposite side?

Also, Green River looks so refreshing. What a beautiful place. Thanks again for sharing! And GORGEOUS moose (or is it meese) photo!!
Alicia