I went from Canon to Sony - First YNP trip with Sony

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

GoHike

I went from Canon to Sony - First YNP trip with Sony

Post by GoHike »

Some pictures from my February trip to Yellowstone (first with Sony)
I'm now shooting the Sony A7RIII with a 16-35/2.8 GM, 24-105/4.0 G and 100-400/5.6 GM while I wait for their 400/2.8 GM to ship this summer.

A cross fox out hunting near lower geyser basin (Sony A7RIII and 100-400 GM and 2.0 TC)

Water and ice at Yellowstone Falls (Sony A7RIII and 100-400 GM)

A resting coyote takes a peak (Sony A7RIII and 100-400 GM with 2.0 TC)

A coyote enjoys the young bison killed by wolves near Old Faithful (Sony A7RIII and 100-400 GM with 2.0 TC)

A bison sits out a storm near Soda Butte Cone on a very cold and windy morning (Sony A7RIII and 100-400 GM)

A red fox makes its way along the valley floor (Sony A7RIII and 100-400 GM)

Last Fall I transitioned from Canon to Sony for many reasons, mostly size and portability for my travels. I've partnered with a Montana based nonprofit who is doing a raffle and the winner gets all of my Canon camera gear, and more.
https://www.hercampaign.org/raffle
Only 500 tickets are being sold at $100 a piece. Once all the tickets are sold or on May 10, 2018, one lucky winner will receive an entire professional photography gear package valued at $31,552.

I'm mentioning it here, because you all know me as GoHike the professor who makes lots and lots of trips to Yellowstone, and also because the drawing is just in time for bear season in Yellowstone. Plus you have all watched the photographs made by the gear for the last decade, and if one of you wins the gear will keep getting to go to Yellowstone and make beautiful pictures of parkadise.

There used to be a for sale forum, but it didn't get recreated with the new site, so hopefully I'm not posting this in the wrong place.

lah

Re: I went from Canon to Sony - First YNP trip with Sony

Post by lah »

Glad to have you posting here again, Dave.
I don't care what equipment you use, the results are always great.

Doubledub

Post by Doubledub »

Nice! I just switched to Sony as well and love it. I did buy a raffle ticket anyway for a great cause!

GoHike

Post by GoHike »

Doubledub wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:20 pm
Nice! I just switched to Sony as well and love it. I did buy a raffle ticket anyway for a great cause!