Comments Welcome: Why the lack of Interest or Participation on this website?

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

mdtrot

Re: Comments Welcome: Why the lack of Interest or Participation on this website?

Post by mdtrot »

Yes, Flickr is still in business, but was bought by Smug Mug and they are limiting free accounts to 1000 photos.

Fancyhen

Re: Comments Welcome: Why the lack of Interest or Participation on this website?

Post by Fancyhen »

I have a FB account but it’s mainly for keeping in touch with family and friends. I belong to several groups including some Yellowstone groups but this is the best!! You all are helpful and knowledgeable about all things Yellowstone. I’ve learned so much here over the years and always feel enthusiastic when I spend time here.
Posting pictures is a lot more difficult and that’s frustrating. I hope it can be simplified. I appreciate all the hard work of administrators and fellow YNetters. I’m trying to get back in the habit of checking here daily and trying to advertise the site with my FB friends. Hopefully we can regenerate this site by being excited and spreading the love of Yellowstone!
You all are the best!! :D

Fancyhen

Post by Fancyhen »

I have a FB account but it’s mainly for keeping in touch with family and friends. I belong to several groups including some Yellowstone groups but this is the best!! You all are helpful and knowledgeable about all things Yellowstone. I’ve learned so much here over the years and always feel enthusiastic when I spend time here.
Posting pictures is a lot more difficult and that’s frustrating. I hope it can be simplified. I appreciate all the hard work of administrators and fellow YNetters. I’m trying to get back in the habit of checking here daily and trying to advertise the site with my FB friends. Hopefully we can regenerate this site by being excited and spreading the love of Yellowstone!
You all are the best!! :D

tlveik

Post by tlveik »

I really hate to see the migration of people away from forums like this to sites like Facebook. Forums like this one are a much better format in my opinion to Facebook.

I did see some posts in this thread of people having trouble posting pictures. I'm new here so I don't know yet if this forum allows direct image posting. Heck, I could even help out with that to some extent. I have extra space on my web server that I could share with members who don't have any other alternative.

Tom

Kat

Post by Kat »

I truly appreciate the quality and content of these YNet forums. I am one of the many silent lurkers who do not post for several reasons, mailnly because I visit YNP less than once a year, am an amateur photographer, and no longer have a hosting service. I thank Tom for offering to help people like me. My next visit will be this summer, and maybe I will have shots worthy of posting then.
Over the years, I have particularly enjoyed the photographs and the informative trip reports. I am grateful to all of those who continue to post on the forum. Thank you.

Kamper

Post by Kamper »

I use to frequent this site & post back in 2007-2010. Living in SW Wyoming we would visit YNP/GTNP every couple of years. We use to have a Motorhome but in 2011 we sold it to buy a Retirement home in NW Phoenix. Interests have now taken us in a different direction. I am now retired & living in Arizona full-time. I am still active in my photography but subject matter is now different. I don't have anything to post at this time.
I still check this site once in a while & will say along with others that Social Media has taken it's toll.I have never signed up for Facebook or anything else but understand that posting through Facebook would allow communications with multiple sights easy if needed.
So the lack of interest is a sign of the times.. over 2200 views & only 14 posts?? I would say you need to go with the flow & think what it takes to interest folks that still travel this area & are willing to post. Posting to this site has always been challenging but sounds as it has got even more difficult.. All I can say is easier is better, you either adapt or go away. It is like Albums, 8 Tracks or VHS Tapes, now obsolete with newer technology.
With the newer cameras that download photos to your phone & from there you are can upload to the web as long as you have cell service, fast & convenient. Or the fact that so many people now take photos with their cell phones, the step to Social Media is just easy.

Just my $0.02
Ken

Denise

Post by Denise »

Just one extra note here - I haven't been active here for years because I haven't been going to Yellowstone in recent years. Planning a trip for this spring so I hopped back on. I had a heck of a time remembering my username and password! The system wouldn't just let me register again because my email was already linked to an account and I couldn't find a way to contact anyone to get my user name and reset my password. I had to play quite a bit to finally hit on the right user name/password combo. Is there an easy way to reset your account that I didn't find? This could be one thing keeping people from posting.
Anyway - excited to be back here and really excited to be going back to Yellowstone! Bringing the boyfriend with me, he is a bear lover and has never seen one in the wild so I'm hunting trip reports with bear sightings. Thanks for all the great trip reports and for the people behind the scenes who keep this page running!

Mike

Post by Mike »

Denise wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 7:21 am
Is there an easy way to reset your account that I didn't find? This could be one thing keeping people from posting.
If you use Chrome browser and autofill is active you can go to "settings/autofill/passwords" and click on the eye icon and there will be your password,that easy.