My Spring trip

Share your latest adventure in Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Dorothy

Re: My Spring trip

Post by Dorothy »

GREAT photos! Thanks for sharing. That weasel ... in all our travels to the Parks, I've seen only one weasel for about 5-10 seconds. Always looking for them, and I love those shots. The bear in the water and the yawning fox -- wonderful! We were up there in early May and saw the carcass in Floating Island, but no bear -- however, a big bald eagle was perched on it for a long while -- looked like it had a wounded eye -- maybe it couldn't see very well? -- anyway, it perched there for a LONG time, never moving no matter how many people stopped to look. Loved the GHO, and the pika ... another of my wanna-see animals, never have managed to get a look at one -- really cute photos.

Thanks so much for sharing both the report AND the photos.

sandwedge

Post by sandwedge »

Nice report, Rick! Great photos as usual, and I'm jealous of the Pika shots. I looked for them a couple of times with no success (even tried Hellroaring as you'd suggested). Maybe next time.

Congrats on the weasel. One crossed the road in front of me just south of Mud Volcano. I found a pullout and went looking for it but it was long gone (or at least well hidden). I actually wasn't even sure what it was until I looked it up on the internet.

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

sandwedge wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 am
Nice report, Rick! Great photos as usual, and I'm jealous of the Pika shots. I looked for them a couple of times with no success (even tried Hellroaring as you'd suggested). Maybe next time.
That one was from Hellroaring. I've actually never seen a pika anywhere else.

Absarokanaut

Post by Absarokanaut »

Wow. that's awesome stuff. Thank you.

Nordwil

Post by Nordwil »

Looks like a successful trip to me! Great work!

We must have arrived right after you (May 19-26). Didn't have your success, but totally enjoyed our time in any case!
Sooo tempted to head back this fall for the elk rut, enjoy your trip!

F55

Post by F55 »

Nice pix

andrew

Post by andrew »

Heh, while you were stuck in the north wanting to head south, I was in the south wanting to head north. That road closure was indeed annoying.

Working Canyon to Fishing Bridge wasn't all that eventful; you didn't miss much. That carcass did have a bear on it like you mentioned, but it looks like you got closer photos elsewhere.

Formally atw527 | Instagram | GYE Galleries