Excited for our trip in 2 weeks (Aug. 23)

Share your latest adventure in Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Cutthroat Chaser

Excited for our trip in 2 weeks (Aug. 23)

Post by Cutthroat Chaser »

My annual pilgrimage to the holy land will occur on Aug. 23rd this year. I plan on spending the whole trip exploring the beautiful rivers and streams in the northeast corner of the park. We'll stay at Tower Campground.

Just curious if anyone has any knowledge of road construction. I live in Northern Utah (Layton). We'll head north through the SE part of Idaho and enter the park via the West entrance. I heard a rumor that there is some road construction along Hwy. 20 in Idaho. Are there any construction projects within the park right now?

Can't wait to find myself in YNP again. It's my favorite place on earth.

Thanks,

Matt H.

BeartoothTucker

Re: Excited for our trip in 2 weeks (Aug. 23)

Post by BeartoothTucker »

Good luck. Make sure to post some reports. I am heading that way to fish in early September.

Bruce

Post by Bruce »

Cutthroat Chaser wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:26 pm
My annual pilgrimage to the holy land will occur on Aug. 23rd this year. I plan on spending the whole trip exploring the beautiful rivers and streams in the northeast corner of the park. We'll stay at Tower Campground.

Just curious if anyone has any knowledge of road construction. I live in Northern Utah (Layton). We'll head north through the SE part of Idaho and enter the park via the West entrance. I heard a rumor that there is some road construction along Hwy. 20 in Idaho. Are there any construction projects within the park right now?

Can't wait to find myself in YNP again. It's my favorite place on earth.

Thanks,

Matt H.
Hi Matt,

Within the Park, road construction remains currently underway between Norris and Mammoth, with nightly closures.

Have a great time in Wonderland!

- Bruce

Owner, Yellowstone.Net
Personal website, brucegourley.com

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

We were out there a couple of weeks ago and Route 20 was fine between St. Anthony and the west entrance. There was a little construction around St. Anthony but it really didn't slow us down that much. Could be different now. As mentioned above, avoid the road between Mammoth and Norris. There is a short gravel section between Canyon and Hayden from a water main break earlier in the year, but that doesn't slow you down much. Have a great trip!

BillandKaren