Yellowstone Trip May 14 - 19, 2019

Share your latest adventure in Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Cindy J

Yellowstone Trip May 14 - 19, 2019

Post by Cindy J »

6 Days in Yellowstone!! I was afraid after 4 I'd be ready to go home but after 6 I still didn't want to leave! Weather wasn't great - rain - rain - rain. But it really didn't spoil the trip. We had some great opportunities for getting shots of the wildlife - the best was the Cinnamon Black Bear with the 2 new cubs. It was the best 45 minutes we'd spent and the crowd was small. I not only started the Bear Jam but then I directed traffic so she could get the kids across the road - the Ranger arrived much too late! We also had a Badger all to ourselves - Much Much closer than the one they found in Little America a few days later. We had a baby Elk the first day - so lucky! And with only a half day to go I finally got my Fox - was thinking we wouldn't get to see one on this trip.
Since I don't pay for PhotoBucket and I don't have Flickr I'll put the link to the blog I do so if you want to see the photos - click over and have a look.
Thanks!
Cindy J
https://cbergesphotography.blogspot.com ... stone.html

lah

Re: Yellowstone Trip May 14 - 19, 2019

Post by lah »

You did very well! Thanks for the pix and report.

Nikon_nerd

Post by Nikon_nerd »

Wow Cindy you sure saw a wide variety of critters during the time you were there. Great shots too! Love the black bear images.

Great job!

billandkaren

Post by billandkaren »

Great job directing the traffic and helping the bears get across the road safely. I hope you weren't too close though. We all need to keep a safe distance from Mama bears.

yellvet

Post by yellvet »

Very well done, Cindy!! Looks like you had a wonderful Park trip with lots of photo ops to boot! Congratulations! Many thanks for taking the time to post your report and pix! :)

Kat

Post by Kat »

Thank you for your report and photos! My husband and I hope to be as fortunate as you when we arrive in several weeks.