Yellowstone Fall 2017 Trip Report

Share your latest adventure in Yellowstone.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

Max

Yellowstone Fall 2017 Trip Report

Post by Max »

It was a short trip for me this fall, with only a few chances to get into the park. For once, I've condensed an entire trip into one report.

You can read the report and see a few more photos here.

Max

RikWriter

Re: Yellowstone Fall 2017 Trip Report

Post by RikWriter »

I've been here since the Third and seen very little. I'm down in GT now, did see a big boar grizz just before the "Welcome to Grand Teton" sign, but he was a tease as far as showing his face.

lah

Post by lah »

Max, love the squirrel and pronghorn. I didn't see any of either.
Friday there was a black black bear and a brown black bear with cub across from the entrance to Petrified. The brown bear is the one that caused the jam at Elk Creek the other day. I saw her backside several times.
The Wapitis were back in sight from Grizzly Overlook Thursday, but not while I was there. They were far out in the western part of the valley today, and they supposedly had two carcasses, but of course I didn't see them.

Foxfan

Post by Foxfan »

Great stuff Max. Even when the wildlife action is slow, your reports are very entertaining. I'm new to the forums, but have been visiting the park every year since 2009. It has become my favorite place in North America. I've taken tours with Max and have learned so much about animal behavior and wildlife photography as a result. Maybe I'll see some of you next spring.

Mike W.

Post by Mike W. »

Great stuff as usual Max, especially the squirrel on your site.

I take a lot of pics, and I'd like to think some decent ones. And people speak well of them. But I see your work and I'm quickly reminded of the difference between nice snapshots and professional photography. My hat's off to you and your work, I'm always impressed.

Max

Post by Max »

Thanks guys. I've already finished up processing the photos from this year, which is pretty quick for me and shows how little I photographed Yellowstone this year.

Max