Flickr new account policy announced...

Share you photos here.

Moderators: Bruce, DPS

mdtrot

Flickr new account policy announced...

Post by mdtrot »

As suspected, Flicker has announced some new account policies. Free accounts will be limited to 1000 pics. If you want more than that, it will be $50/year for a Pro account, which I guess is not too bad. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this.

Max

Re: Flickr new account policy announced...

Post by Max »

It's probably only a big deal to those who use Flickr for storage. I ditched Pro last year when I finally realized all I was paying for was storage I didn't need. I just went through and culled a number of images to get below 1000, and I'll do it again down the road. I use Flickr as another way of sharing with a wider audience. Ultimately it nets me almost zero business, but I have always enjoyed sharing my view of the world with folks, so as long as it doesn't cost me anything, I'll stick with my account there.

Max

mdtrot

Post by mdtrot »

Max wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:11 pm
It's probably only a big deal to those who use Flickr for storage. I ditched Pro last year when I finally realized all I was paying for was storage I didn't need. I just went through and culled a number of images to get below 1000, and I'll do it again down the road. I use Flickr as another way of sharing with a wider audience. Ultimately it nets me almost zero business, but I have always enjoyed sharing my view of the world with folks, so as long as it doesn't cost me anything, I'll stick with my account there.

Max
Thanks. One thing I'm confused about with Flickr is if they count your "Auto Upload" album against your 1000 photo limit. This album is all that is putting me over the 1000 photo limit. I'm not sure how I ever got this album or how to get rid of it.

Mike

Post by Mike »

mdtrot wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 am

Thanks. One thing I'm confused about with Flickr is if they count your "Auto Upload" album against your 1000 photo limit. This album is all that is putting me over the 1000 photo limit. I'm not sure how I ever got this album or how to get rid of it.

Do you have the Flickr app on a phone or tablet ?...if so open app,go to settings(3 vertical dots on top right) and "autoloader" is the first setting.Mine was on and I do not allow auto uploads from my camera to any website or cloud service so I thinking that this was switched on by default.

Now this post says the new limit is 1000 pics but my free account says I have 1000 TB,maybe this has not been implemented yet

mdtrot

Post by mdtrot »

Mike wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:57 am
mdtrot wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:27 am

Do you have the Flickr app on a phone or tablet ?...if so open app,go to settings(3 vertical dots on top right) and "autoloader" is the first setting.Mine was on and I do not allow auto uploads from my camera to any website or cloud service so I thinking that this was switched on by default.

Now this post says the new limit is 1000 pics but my free account says I have 1000 TB,maybe this has not been implemented yet
Thanks, I turned it off, but I still have some 275 pics in my auto upload album. I guess I'll have to go through them all and get rid of a bunch.

lah

Post by lah »

Oooh, I'm at 943. Guess I'll have to start deleting soon.
I have never clicked on the auto, so I don't know if I have it.