I hear it.

Chuvarsky

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Chuvarsky »

Me too!

pugman170

Post by pugman170 »

Rick, like I said a while back if it wasn't for a few people , Nobody would post anything. Very sad, I like this website and look for new content often. I have many new pics to share with people but I am waiting to see if anyone is interested in seeing them, or if anyone even cares anymore.....

BlackDragonsCaldron

Post by BlackDragonsCaldron »

I belong to multiple forum sites, not just Yellowstone-related, and they are all suffering from the competition for content with Facebook. It's just a fact of life these days. I'm not on Facebook by choice. I just don't like the guy running it and his wily ways.

I do read some of the publicly-visible FB pages but even that access for non-members changes, sometimes on a daily basis, presumably depending on how much FB wants to pressure you to join. The page owners I've asked about that assure me that they have made no changes in the privacy/access settings. So I wait a few days and then, as if by magic, the sites are visible again.

I got some pics of interesting thermal features in the back country in September but need to decide on a hosting option that doesn't include putting my pics on corporate sites that are as bad as FB when it comes to changing the rules without notice. I may just set up some folders on my business domain for that.

It's always nice to see new pics so bring 'em on!

Larry

RikWriter

Post by RikWriter »

I've hosted my pics on pbase for like 12-13 years now and the price hasn't even gone up that whole time.

Stonebridge

Post by Stonebridge »

I visit this site regularly and look forward to the latest news in Yellowstone. If I had the opportunity to visit Yellowstone more often I would detail a trip report.

pugman170

Post by pugman170 »

In case some of you don't know already..... You can share pictures from other places besides Yellowstone NP or GTNP. Not everyone has a chance to go to these places and if you do , most of us can't go very often. I get that, but everyone has a camera and everyone can take pictures of something interesting once in a while and post them in the slow times of the year. Just a thought......

Dave

Post by Dave »

Social Media has basically stripped most forums to their bare bones. I used to post here a lot, but after the two Y-Net crashes I jumped on social media and visit this site maybe once a week. There also used to be a lot more camaraderie here too, but after people started getting banned from Y-Net and this site started getting a bad rap amongst certain cliques in the park I decided to distance myself from all of that silly drama…online and in the field.

lah

Post by lah »

I'm here and take a look at the posts every day, or even more often.
I only had a short and nearly fruitless trip to the park in October, so I don't have that much to post lately, but I try to read everything.
Perhaps I will post my May trip pictures -- nothing great but some were okay.
Anyway, I sure hope this forum keeps going and picks up speed. I'm on Facebook and see a lot of peoples' posts there, but I like this forum very much, too.