Camping or overnight vehicle parking in pullouts, parking areas, picnic grounds, or any place other than a designated campground is not permitted. There are no overflow camping facilities. However, camping is often available in neighboring communities and forests outside the park. Check out time for all campgrounds is 10:00 am.
Since food and odors attract bears, items such as cooking stoves, utensils, coolers, trash bags, food, and toiletries may not be left outside or in tents or tent trailers, unless they are in immediate use!
- Campsite occupancy is limited to six people per site, excluding group campgrounds.
- Camping is limited to 14 days from July 1 through Labor Day (first Monday in September) and to 30 days the rest of the year. There is no limit at Fishing Bridge RV Park.
- Drinking water is normally available in all campgrounds.
- Campfires, including those in portable wood or propane fire pits, are prohibited in the Fishing Bridge RV Park. Wood and charcoal fires are permitted in all other campgrounds, unless high fire danger prompts special restrictions. Any restrictions will be listed on campground information boards and on the current conditions page. Propane grills and stoves are not usually affected by fire restrictions.
- Where allowed, generators are limited to 60 db. They may be run from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- All campgrounds offer discounts for Senior Passes, except Fishing Bridge RV Park.
- The delivery or pick-up of out-of-park RVs or other camper unit rentals is prohibited.
- Fishing Bridge RV Park is the only campground offering water, sewer, and electrical hookups (50 amp service): it is for hard-sided vehicles only (no tents or tent-trailers).
- Dump stations, where available, may close when temperatures are below freezing.
Group sites are available at Bridge Bay, Grant Village, and Madison campgrounds for large groups with a designated leader (e.g., educational groups). Fees range from $146 to $430 per night, depending on group size. Advance reservations are required. Contact Yellowstone National Park Lodges for pricing and availability.